This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
The PiCar-V is an open source robot learning kit on Raspberry Pi. Equipped with a wide-angle USB webcam, it is powerful together with three new circuit boards with less but simpler wiring, some acrylic plates in a well-designed structure, and complete code suitable for almost all platforms to control the car. Python code is provided for the car, and you can also program and debug it with Dragit, a Snap-based graphical interface, by just simple dragging and dropping the code blocks for complex function. There are many ways to control the robot remotely: with the app on PC (works on any OS), you can control the car and the cam’s direction on the UI and view the image it takes in real time; or, with the related code, realize the same functions on a web browser, meaning it works with any mobile phones, tablets, etc.
Note: SD card and battery are not included in the kit, you need to prepare two 3.7V 18650 batteries, and a large capacity battery is preferred.
Supply Input Voltage: 7V-12V (by 2 18650 batteries)
Dimensions: 270 x 170 x 110 mm
1 x Raspberry Pi 3
1 x Robot HATS
1 x PCA9685 PWM Driver
1 x TB6612 Motor Driver
1 x 2-slot 18650 Battery Holder
2 x DC Gear Motor
3 x SunFounder SF0180 Servo
1 x 120° Wide-angle USB Camera
2 x Rear Wheel
2 x Front Wheel
1 x Ribbon (30cm)
1 x Cross Screwdriver
1 x Cross Socket Wrench
1 x M2.5/M4 Small Wrench
1 x M2/M3 Small Wrench
Needed screws, nuts, and standoffs
- RASPBERRY PI ROBOT – An open source robot learning kit based on Raspberry Pi
- REAL-TIME TRANSMISSION – Wide-angle USB webcam for real-time image/video transmission.
- EASY CODING – Python code: great for web development; Dragit: a fun and simple GUI programming base on Snap!
- REMOTE CONTROL – Remote control with the UI on PC or on a web browser (mobiles, tablets…)
- HIGH QUALITY – Well-designed structure, good-looking shape, and multiple functions all in one car.