This post contains affiliate links for products we recommend, affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate the site earn from qualifying purchases. If you click a link and buy something we may receive some compensation. This does not change the price you would pay.
Copper Clad Aluminum (CCA) wires do not follow the American Wire Gauge standard (AWG).
AWG is developed for electrical resistance classification of Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) wires. High current applications specifying AWG standards assumes the wire is OFC (oxygen free copper).
Same conductor area CCA has higher resistance than OFC making AWG classification no longer valid. CCA wires are developed for low current applications (e. g. signal processing). As a rule of thumb, reduce CCA gauge size by 2 to achieve similar electrical resistance as OFC wires.
For selection of OFC wires using AWG standards, visit www.amazon.com/GSPOWER
- 4 rolls of 12 Ga primary wires in 100 ft spool. Color Set: Red, Black, Blue, Yellow
- Stranded Copper Clad Aluminum | 0.2 mm dia/strand, 68 strands | Insulated in PVC. Rated to 105 C, 6 to 80 VDC
- For In-Cabin 12 V Automotive, Car Radio Audio Speaker, Home Theater, Trailer, low voltage LED light
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT use for building / household 110 / 220 V ac wiring. This is Not AWG
- For more wiring selections, visit WWW.AMAZON.COM/GSPOWER